To the soldiers deployed this Christmas, thank you (39 HQ Photos)

theBRIGADE wants to show off your pictures from service
Submit your Photos here

theBRIGADE wants to show off your pictures from service
Submit your Photos here

Comments:

1. Nicklas says:

R.I.P. our Swedish soilders

2. ros says:

Most awesome post ever. Thank you Chive.

3. Miss HS says:

I love these posts. Something so uplifting about them.
    RIP Swedish soldier though.

• Rick says:

I hate playing the emotion card but (this is just my opinion) if we can put politics aside, these are humans away from home…and they're doing a tough job. Thank you for coming to the site.

4. fox06 says:

To all the soldiers MERRY CHRISTMAS, and come home soon!!!

God Bless Them All!

5. Ryan L says:

Thank You to all the men and women who serve for their country. It brings a tear to my eye every time I see a soldier in uniform, knowing that they are keeping us safe and free. Thank You and God Bless every one of them!

6. drea says:

What a great post!!!

7. J.exe says:

With brothers and sisters overseas I have nothing but respect and give nothing but thanks to all of you. Pics like these make it all worth while.

8. JoelJordet says:

Thank you and happy holidays!

9. In the Navy says:

#36 That's a lot of seamen! Cue the "that's what she said replies"

10. CDR B. says:

#27…now THAT'S a sand table!

• Rick says:

sorry, not a strong photo. I was trying to give France a shout. I know I have a bad habit of making certain white flag jokes, but the reality is: there are French men and women in Afghanistan this Christmas.

• Taltos222 says:

I could be wrong, but it looks less like a humanitarian effort than it does a nice recreation of a strike zone. One probably involving both infantry and air… but maybe I play too many video games.

11. diex626 says:

#5 is just thinking seriously bitch

12. boooger says:

#26 and #32 This is the stuff the media needs to show! Real men and women with good hearts trying to do good for people they don't even know and real deaths. Don't hide the good and for god's sake don't hide the deaths! Our soldiers and our allies soldiers deserve so much more respect than they are getting!

13. Mike says:

#29 dont ask dont tell anyone lol

14. Adam says:

This almost made me forget that these guys are at war not a humanitarian mission. Hmm. Thanks guys for doing your jobs, listening to assholes in washington. Come home.

15. Luckmann says:

How about a big fuck you to the occupants this christmas?

16. mith says:

Simper Fi and Gods Speed to all of you.

17. mllk says:

It sucks that our swedish soldiers hafe to die cause we (the world) cant stop you fun.. America is going to be the resen mankind will die out much to soon..

18. Anonymous says:

I don’t understand the solider love. These kids CHOOSE to join, they aren’t drafted and stolen from their families. They know what they get into.

• obx says:

That they choose to go doesn't mean they know what they're getting themselves into.

If you go on an adventure to a far away country, you can prepare yourself by learning a about the language, culture, customs etc… but there is NOTHING that can prepare you for the things that you're about to experience. And I'm just talking about an unplanned vacation.

The feeling of suddenly being confronted with a reality you were unaware of is not something that you can imagine if you haven't experienced it. I'm sure this feeling is a lot more intense for a young soldier in a war. Believe me, watching discovery channel doesn't teach you anything about the real world outside your living room.

You may not like what they're doing or who they're representing, but they deserve our sympathy and respect none the less.

19. ThatJeff says:

So why does the Army have the American flag on backwards? Yeah, I know it's because "well, if the flag was moving forward, the wind would blow the flag back, so the stripes would be on the left side…." yada, yada, yada, but my question is, why doesn't the armed services put the flag patch on the left arm instead?

20. Voncile says:

Your articles are for when it absolutely, positively, needs to be udnertsood overnight.