Will Russia’s SLBM Bulava be an effective weapon? (10 Photos)

The SSBN Yury Dolgoruky will be conducting it’s first test launch of 2011. There have been a high number of unsuccessful launches, yet the last attempt in Oct. of 2011 was a success.
theBRIGADE wants to show off your pictures from service
Submit your Photos here

Comments:

1. Eddie says:

Effective against who?

2. That Guy says:

i think you mean Oct 2010. unless you are predicting it will work in Oct. 2011. if that's the case can you give me a heads up on some lottery numbers? mega million… might as well go big.

3. Alicia says:

quote: “yet the last attempt in Oct. of 2011 “… we are in june 2011 still, better correct the date. Feel free to delete this post after moderating. Chive on!

4. Vladimir says:

Well thus far my brother tells me it's anyone's guess. He serves on board the typhoon submarine, Dmitry Donskoi, shown in a few of these photos, from what he tells me the all but a few of the tests went perfectly. As for the Borei class Yury Dolgorukiy also shown here, I have not heard of any tests from it, last I heard it's still in the final stages of it's completion, then it will go to the Pacific Fleet. If the remaining tests go as planned then it will be more effective than all other ICBM / SLMB's in service.

5. Heidi says:

Great story…I can almsot see the pictures! And yes, you did the right thing. I too can’t wait to see what kind of collaboration it is. I know that “giving” gives back and I’m sure you’ll find out and want to give the other pictures back, if you can.

6. Alex says:

Effective against all world.