Thank you Dennis Weichel…this is his story (5 Photos)

Source

Comments:

1. army FO says:

you did good soldier…. R.I.P

• Nick says:

Sacrificed himself for another. Whoever the driver of the MRAP was needs to pay the fuck attention when he's driving. 11B. Damn proud man.

Very Sad indeed. God bless you and your family. Thank you for your sacrifice and great service to our country. A true Hero in every sense of the word.

3. Scotsman says:

My prayers go out to your family.
    R.I.P. soldier.

4. donmichael64 says:

My prayers for your family .

5. mongoose5271 says:

Weichel and others like him are the real face of the US armed forces. Unfortunately we don't hear enough in the mainstream media about these guys and girls so thank you, Rick, for posting their stories.

6. panama99 says:

The news always picks up the negative stories and will run with them but when a story of sacrifice is out there it almost tossed away. I did hear about this on Fox and was saddened but also lifted up also to know that our men and women in uniform are still willing to look out for the Afghanistan people.

I am certain that SGT Weichel did not want to sacrifice himself but knew it was a dangerous situation and could only see a small child in danger and moved into action. His actions were truly heroic. He will be missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and children.

7. TheFinale7 says:

now that's what I'm talking about! american soldiers doing what they are meant to do. Defend the people. Doesn't have to be in our country. Protecting the world from evil people day in and day out. Oorah!

8. Lowrent75 says:

Very sad yet heartwarming story. My heart goes out to his family. Rest easy man.