User submit: training to become EOD techs (10 Photos)

“We are a AIT company, AIT meaning Advanced Individual Training. There is probably about 500 of us in the company. We are training to become EOD techs. We train for 10 weeks at Fort Lee Virginia, and another 29 weeks at Eglin Air Force Base, Florida. Our company is Charlie Company 832 Ordnance Battalion. In the original picture, a group of us were on a detail to the USO to help them sort gift bags that are being sent overseas. We were told to remove the packages of Ramen Noodles and put them in separate bags. I didn’t take a lot of photos of that day, but I did take some. I included some other photos of life at Charlie Company. I really appreciate all that you do for the military, and I try and tell everybody I know about The Chive and, subsequently, The Brigade.”
Thanks Chase for sending these in and for giving theBrigade a shout to your buddies.

Comments:

Good Photos thank you for sharing and your service

2. DoubleA says:

I'm a Tech, you have it easy for AIT now days. Don't post shit about EOD till your are EOD!!!

3. DoubleA says:

you are

4. Anomanom says:

#8 Minesweeper?

5. Bon_nie says:

Good luck with your training! You should submit another post when you've passed too, let us know how you got on.

6. Price says:

Lol we were conducting combat janitorial duties

7. John says:

EOD Tech here agreeing with doubleA

8. Guest says:

Agreeing with doubleA an John. You don't know shit about EOD. Hell your at Ft Lee so you either are getting reclassed or kicked out because I you were in class you wouldn't have time for BS like that.

9. 89D says:

So from now on anyone who is an EOD apparently can't be one anymore?
    Because we go to ft lee?
    The base we don't even have a choice to go to?
    The one that MEPS assigns?
    Get real.

10. James says:

As a tech currently deployed I agree with DoubleA and John. If you are not even at Eglin then you haven't even begun your real training and have no clue what the job really is about. Study hard and hopefully you will graduate. In the meantime refrain from posting content that makes the field look like a bunch of young fools.

• Allen says:

I agree with James and the others, as a Tech, i tell you to listen to them. you're only on your first step toward becoming a Tech yourself and you've already made the rest of of look like dumb ass's. so until you finish school, don't post stuff like this and embarrass the rest of us.