Our forefathers would be proud: 82nd Airborne in Afghanistan (81 HQ Photos)

Please give it a moment to load, it is a large gallery

Source

Comments:

Not just your fore fathers, but the whole nation is very proud of the 82nd Airborne and all of it's men who serve and served. Thank you all for your service and preserving our country. Mat God Bless you all

2. whyme1973 says:

Bravery that most will never know. Thank you for your service.

3. KO617 says:

#81 I remember this story from a while back…still think someone is cutting onions in the room.

4. Shepard Wong says:

so why aren't they napalming the poppy fields??

5. UConnBro says:

#29: My man 1LT Marcus A. Nielsen, Kandahar Province, Afghanistan. This picture was also featured in the May 14th, 2012 edition of TIME Magazine.

6. Kyle says:

#16 Want more gun with those attachments? lol. But on a serious note it warms my heart seeing these pics. Glad to be serving along with these guys.

7. pcshreddin@gmail.com says:

just to give credit where credit is due, the majority of these photos are of 5/20 IN 3rd Brigade 2nd Infantry Division. I know this for a fact because i’m in A. Co 5/20 IN and I know where most of those pictures are taken and the people in them since they are in my company.

8. @Metald9 says:

#2 theres a lot of 2nd ID photos when its suppose to be the 82nd Airborne!

9. freddy boy says:

From a brother I simply say "Airborne, all the way".

10. 3rd SBCT says:

not to down play the awesomeness of this post and my brothers in arms stuck in this shit hole but if you're going to name a post 82nd airborne, don't have 1/2 the pictures be 3rd Brigade 2ID…please. With that said, Much love to every man and woman who puts on a uniform no matter where you're stationed!

side note; We were the first Stryker brigade and now we're stuck with these stupid slow mraps that flat suck ass getting in and out of. Could you maybe please do a styker post?

11. HobbesLeviathan says:

I'm guessing that somewhere in the mix, a PAO photog/caption writer got confused, due to one of the Stryker brigades (from 2ID) being assigned to Regional Command – South, where the HQ element is provided by the 82nd Airborne Division.

The modular Army confuses PAOs, especially ones from the Air Force and Navy.

Oh, and there's one WWII pic in there that's pretty obviously from the Pacific, where the 82nd never fought. The blasted palm trees were my big clue.

ATW!

12. @Aowyn77 says:

I am humbled this afternoon. Two words: THANK YOU!!!

God Bless You All.

13. Soldier says:

The 82nd is getting their asses kicked here in afghan

14. bob says:

ARMY STRONG ALL DAY LONG!!!!

15. Marwita says:

Oh, right. Just when I thought you coudln’t get more awesome. I’ve always wanted to try that. It’s on the list. My Super Noodle arms are attempting boxing first. I haven’t been commenting among the teenage masses, but your Sparklife column often makes my day.My word verification: natupeen.

16. taylor johnson says:

id like to know where he got these cuz most of them are the ones i took wile we where there. this is crazy.

17. Bill Z Walton says:

Its such as you read my thoughts! You seem to know so much about this, such as you wrote the guide in it or something. I feel that you just can do with some p.c. to drive the message house a bit, but instead of that, this is great blog. A great read. I’ll certainly be back.|