Marine Mark Dolfini stands guard for Cody’s final night (4 photos and story)

This was a user submit, he linked me to this powerful story. Read more from source here

Comments:

1. antitango says:

I wrote a post about this immediately after it happened. Semper Fi, Marine! Good lookin' out for the kid. I'm glad I have a name to put with the face of the Marine standing guard, too!

Very moving and touching story, R.I.P. Cody Green, You fought hard. Semper Fi and to Marine Mark Dolfini, Thank you Sir for your Service to our country and this young warrior God love you all

3. whyme1973 says:

Rest in peace, Cody.

Sgt. Dolfini, you should be proud and honored for what you did for that young man. Semper Fi

4. mongoose5271 says:

Poor kid…what a fighter, though.
    Well done, Marine.

5. lbcwillson says:

This gave me chills

6. Brad says:

What a strong little guy. That brought tears to this old Marines eyes.

7. REVOLVER_KAZ says:

I think I have some dust in my eye..

8. HonoluluChiver says:

Semper Fidelis and may God bless this family and this brave young man.

9. Rick says:

This Marine embodies the America I love. Semper Fi and RIP Cody!

10. Idellerre says:

who was so moved by Cody’s continued cancer battle that he decreed the 12-year-old to be a honorary member of the elite military unit.”

11. CaptNomz says:

This hits a certain spot that brings a tear to your eye, poor kid, R.I.P. little warrior.

12. Albert says:

A really touching story! RIP Cody.

13. Moreno 10 says:

WOW I teared up RIP Cody Green Marines, and thank god for Mark Dolfini ! And Our Marines out standing !!

14. Claudia says:

Semper Fi Cody, may your journey be blessed.

15. Ben Weihrich says:

WE ARE WHO WE ARE!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S THE FACTS, JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The man who will go where his colors go without asking, who will fight a phantom foe in the jungle and mountain range without counting, and who will suffer and die in the midst of incredible hardship without complaint, is still what he has always been, from Imperial Rome to sceptered Britain to democratic America. He is the stuff of which legions are made. … His pride is in his colors and his regiment, his training hard and thoroughly, and coldly realistic, to fit him for whatever he must face. … And his obedience is to his orders. He has been called UNITED STATES MARINE."_ ~T.R. FERENHOCH, 'THIS KIND OF WAR'__Ben Weihrich__Texican by Birth__MARINE by Choice__USMC '69 – '75__Graduate of Saigon "U"

16. » 食物 says:

» 食物

Photos and story of Marine Mark Dolfini stands guard for Cody Green final night : theBRIGADE